Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Positions Available: Licensing Specialist COLORADO SPRINGS
Licensing Specialists: Colorado Springs
Salary: $48,000 annually
Opening Date: September 11, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
General Statement of Job:
Licensing Specialists will engage in the following functions regarding the original licensure, renewals, complaints and Stage II investigations ( a child care licensing inspection following a child abuse investigation) for Family Child Care Homes, School-Age Programs, Child Care Centers, Day Treatments and Children’s Resident Camps as located within those counties, that include but is not limited to:
• Dissemination of information regarding the licensing process, the rules governing facilities and the legal requirement to be licensed; including dissemination of the original application packet for family care homes.
• Compilation of all documentation for licensure required by the State.
• Inspection of the entire premises of prospective facilities within 60 days of applications being received in the State office, an at least annually for existing licensees.
• Investigation of the applicant and all residents and employees of the facility including any investigation required by the State to determine the suitability of the applicant/licensee and the facility for licensure.
• Completion and submission of a typed report of inspection in a manner prescribed by the State within 3 days of completing the inspection.
• Completion and submission of all relevant investigations and other required reports by the State and in a manner prescribed by the State within two weeks of completing the inspection and investigation and receiving a response from the applicant, as required.
• Investigation of each and every complaint alleging or involving licensing violations and allegations of illegally operating, unlicensed facilities.
• Able to be both creative and flexible in delivering services to families
• Comfortable delivering interventions to families in the home setting.
• Experience with young children/knowledge of early childhood development
• Committed to, and skilled in building relationships
• Open to learning and implementing new curricula or intervention programs
• Open and responsive to supervision and feedback
• Multilingual skills strongly preferred (Spanish, English, or other)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and individually as necessary
• Solid computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of database management a plus.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences
• Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends
Required Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Early Childhood, Social Work, or closely related field. Director Qualified with a current Director Qualifications Letter from the State of Colorado. Three years of professional experience working in a human services field in either a private or public entity, which include working in the group care of children and in child care licensing, early childhood or related field. Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.