The Institute for Racial Equity & Excellence (IREE) is responsible for providing licensing services in Arapahoe, El Paso, and Pueblo counties. IREE uses the “Culturally Responsive Community Based Licensing” model created by President and CEO Dr. Rosemarie Allen.
Culturally Responsive Community Based Licensing© focuses on providing licensing services that are culturally responsive using four Cs: Competence, Caring, and Compassion while ensuring Compliance.
IREE will ensure the needs of child care providers using Culturally Responsive practices that are:
This will be done by:
Community Based Licensing ensures the needs of providers, families, and children are met, while ensuring licensing compliance. The licensing team will also provide the following services:
- Monthly open forum/town hall meetings to discuss licensing rules, compliance issues, consistent interpretation of rules
- The ability to make an appointment with licensing specialists and the licensing director to discuss concerns, ask questions, etc.
- Webinars on current issues and for licensing updates
- Assistance with Early Childhood Teacher letters.
- Follow-up customer satisfaction calls
- Personalized Information Meetings with School Districts/Corporations